Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Designer and Four Dogs

While I was doing some weekend cleaning, I found some old pictures of my dogs. For those of you who don't know, I'm a dog lover. I guess that's why I own four, Ramona, Lala, Mary Kate, and Ashley. I know, I'm a sucker for those puppy dog eyes. But can you really blame me? Seeing those pictures brought back memories of how I got them. They all have different stories, but the one thing they have in common is that they all needed a home. Lucky for them, I have one. :) 

So, I never planned on having four dogs. The situation just presented itself every time, like many other wonderful things that happen to us in our lives. The world just has a way of bringing people and things together. Ramona, named after my grandfather Ramon, was a rescue dog I got from Riverside. One look and I couldn't leave the pound without her. She's a mix breed and I love her unique look and energy. Lala came to me from Van Nuys. Her previous owner was an acquiantance of mine and his apartment didn't allow pets. So what else was I supposed to do? Have her live in the pound? Never, so I took her in and kept her name the same. It suited her, anyway, and she was already used to it. Mary Kate and Ashley are twin sisters, as you probably guessed by the names I gave them. They were part of a litter of saluskis that my friend had. He didn't want to split the two of them up so, he was having a hard time finding an owner who would take two dogs. I saw their amazing bond and I fell in love with them.

That's how I ended up with four of the best dogs in the world. There's nothing better than coming home from a long and tiring day at the studio and being greeted by them. They are definitely a huge part of my life.

Lala & Ramona


Mary Kate & Ashley

Baby Ramona

No comments:

Post a Comment