Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Don't Listen to Doubt

Fashion is one of those fields where people will tell you you're crazy to get into. There's lots of competition. A lot of disappointment. A lot of hard work. But isn't everything that's worthwhile hard work and risking disappointment? There will always be someone who will tell you can't reach your goals, whether you want to be a fashion designer, an actor, a musician, an artist, a philosopher, even a president. Throughout my life, I've learned to just not listen and keep doing what I love. Because if I keep doing what I love and put all my energy into it, it's bound to happen one day. That's just how it works. When you're passionate and dedicated, there's no reason why you can't make your dreams a reality.

People are right though. The journey towards your goals won't be easy. I went through lots of revisions of my work, my technique, my style before I found one that people like that's still reflective of me. So, don't get discouraged if you don't get the reaction you want right away. Don't get sad when buyers or potential clients reject you. Rejection is a good thing. It means you are putting yourself out there, you're taking risks. And if that makes people call us crazy, then I guess we just are.

Cheers to us...the creative, resilient, passionate, hard-working, crazy individuals


OC

No comments:

Post a Comment