Monday, March 19, 2012

My Time With Los Angeles Fashion Week

Last Thursday was my fashion show and I could not be more happy or thankful about it. All of the preparation and hard work that my entire team and I put into this production was so worth it. Because of that, I just want to take a moment to thank each and every one of them. The venue, which was at St. Vibiana, was beautifully decorated. Style Fashion Week LA did an amazing job putting together the entire show, from the sound, to the lighting, to the set, everything was fantastic. A Line Media, my PR company, did a great job at keeping the event organized and running. Adria Heath, my friend and stylist for the fashion show, did stellar work at helping me complete all of the runway looks. My business partner Romey who helped to coordinate and make this event possible. To all these people, thank you so much for everything you've done. 

The day of the show started off very hectic, as you can imagine. We had to transport all of the clothes to the venue and make sure that everything else was going according to plan. The universe was definitely on our side that day as everything went smoothly. We got to Vibiana at 4 o'clock to begin our pre-show prep. Models took their places in hair and make-up, got fitted for their clothes, and ran through dress rehearsal. During some fitting, we ran through a few issues, but they were all very small problems that were easily fixable with a sewing kit and scissors....luckily. When I wasn't with the models, I was communicating with A Line Media PR confirming the seating arrangement and guest list. And when I wasn't there, I was being interviewed by fashion reporters from several publications such as, Runway Magazine, Spirit TV, and Ms. FABulous. 

As showtime neared, my parents arrived. They travelled all the way from Mexico to see my show so, I could not have been any happier to have them there. Their presence and support meant so much to me that night so, I wanted to make them proud. As I peeked through the curtains to look at the crowd, I noticed a full house. A full house of people waiting to see my collection. At that moment, there was nothing more that I wanted than to knock their socks off....and I think I did that based on the standing ovation. That reaction just made all of the sleepless nights and hard work I put into building this company, the collection, and this event, all worth it. 
 

But now that the show is over, the real work begins. The work of using that momentum from the fashion show to further expose and advance the Octavio Carlin. There are lot of things in the works for the Octavio Carlin brand so, expect to hear a lot more from us this year. The fashion show was just the beginning. Wait until you see what's in store next.........

Looking forward to the next post, 

OC

Me with Spirit TV
Me with Tegan Webster of Runway Magazine
1st look
The Golden Dress
My Beautiful Parents





No comments:

Post a Comment