Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Show Is Here

I feel like I had been talking about the coming fashion show for so long and now it's finally here. This evening I present my Fall/Winter 2012 collection at the Vibiana with Style Fashion Week LA. So, as you can image, there was and is so much to do. But rather than bore you with the tasks I accomplished or the tasks that I need to do tomorrow, I want to take this time to give thanks.  I'm so blessed and grateful to be able to do what I love, to be creative, to be artistic, and to just have the freedom to express my vision.

It was a long road to get here, a road that started not in fashion, but in interior design. I always had an interest in art and architecture and interior design was the perfect blend of those two. But after trying it, I realized that designing clothes was more of my passion. I enrolled at FIDM and after graduation I started designing costumes for Disney shows and music videos. It was a great experience that let me explore outrageous themes and looks that everyday apparel couldn't get away with. But I wanted to design things that more people can get use out of, things that can make women look and feel beautiful inside and out. That's when I decided to launch my own line and my journey in the fashion business began.  I opened my store in Los Feliz where I designed custom-made gowns and dresses for my wonderful clients.

Now, I'm in another chapter in my life. I'm relaunching my brand as a line that can cater to a larger group of stylish, modern, sophisticated women. I'm still designing dresses and gowns, but I'm including pieces that can be worn in your everyday lives. Trust me, you don't have to go to a fancy party to wear Octavio Carlin. As long as you want to feel confident and stylish, then you can wear my designs. And tomorrow, everyone will see for themselves the new stylings of the Octavio Carlin brand.

Hoping for a happy and successful show,


OC


One of my Fall/Winter designs

No comments:

Post a Comment