Monday, March 5, 2012

Planning For Our Fashion Show


Me Getting Interviewed About LAFW

Hello everyone. Last Friday my business partner, Romey, and I began the planning for our upcoming fashion show. It will be on March 15th at the St. Vibianna, a production by Style Fashion Week LA.

If you've ever put on a fashion show, you know it’s a lot of work. Aside from getting your collection complete, you have to come up with a vision for how you want to present your line. It cannot be something generic and boring. The venue, the lighting, the staging, the dramatics, the effects, and the emotions all have to tie with your collection. The people at Style Fashion Week LA are very good at this so Romey and I are very happy to be showing at their Fashion Week production at the St. Vibianna. It’s an old beautiful cathedral with baroque columns, ornate arched ceilings, and windows that have a skyline city view. It’s magnificent. 

We actually did the casting on Friday. 15 models total. My friend Adria Heath will be styling their looks. She is an amazing stylist who happens to also be my friend. I love working with her so, Friday was a pretty fun day. But, there is still a lot to do. We still need to finalize the set, the lighting, music, and this and that. A lot of work. But, it’s the kind of work I enjoy.

I feel this fashion show will give people a better idea of my new vision and plans for the Octavio Carlin brand. As I mentioned in my last blogging post, I want to make beautiful, high quality designs accessible to more people. And this show is going to send that message to everyone. I am truly thankful and blessed to be able to showcase my Fall 2012 Collection show at LA Fashion Week. Looking forward to an amazing production!

Until next post,

OC


No comments:

Post a Comment